Symptoms overdose of Vitamin D

Vitamin D is essential for healthy teeth and bones.
It is essential that vitamin D produced from sunlight on skin is almost not known to result in toxic levels. Levels of vitamin D bent from sunlight are self-adjusting.

Vitamin D toxicity is identified as hypervitaminosis D. Toxic levels of vitamin D can cause abnormally high blood calcium levels. This can result in bone loss and kidney stones. Long-term overconsumption of vitamin D can cause calcification of organs such as the heart, blood vessels, and the kidneys.
Vitamin D toxicity is impossible in healthy adults with supplement levels lower than 10,000 IU/day. The Food and Nutrition Board has established a very conservative tolerable upper intake level (UL) of 2,000 IU/day (50 mcg/day) for children and adults. The UL for infants up to one year of age is 1000 IU.

Symptoms of Vitamin D overdose

An excessive level of vitamin D occurs as a result of supplement overdose.
Having too much vitamin D in your system could leave a too elevated calcium level, a lower appetite, increased thirst, nausea, vomiting, drowsiness, abdominal pain. A long-term effect of too much vitamin D is the deposit of calcium in soft tissues of the body including the blood vessel walls and kidneys where it can cause serious damage.

Supplements for allergies treatment

Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Got something to say?

You must be logged in to post a comment.

  • Vitamins for hair growth

  • Minerals benefits

    Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
    Powered by FeedBurner

  • Vitamins deficiency

    Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
    Powered by FeedBurner